THE STEERING WHEEL CLUB 1946 – 1988
‘A POTTED HISTORY’
1946; The Steering Wheel Club opened at No.2A Brick Street, London W1 under the joint ownership of Desmond Scannell & John Morgan. Telephone Numbers were, GROsvenor 2765 changing to HYDE PARK 9692.
1956; John Morgan became the sole owner, Peggy Sandberg became Manageress
1963; The Club moved to new premises at 47, Curzon Street, W1. The Postcode became W1E 8UZ, the telephone numbers were HYDE PARK 1700/7566, subsequently changed to 01-493-7566. Ernest Vent was appointed the new Manager.
1979; The Steering Wheel Club was sold to the David Capstick Consortium
1988; Club went into liquidation